Sunday 6 November 2011

A Wedding Card

Hi,

This is my latest creation, a "classy" wedding card:

My base card is 300gsm Centura Pearl in Blackcurrant from the Crafter's Companion Darks pack which I folded into a 6 inch square card with the coloured card inside. I then folded one half back on itself so that the lovely rich coloured card can be seen!



The sentiment on this front part of the card is one I genereated using my computer's word processing package - the font is Kristen ITC. The ribbon is a satin edged organza ribbon which I tied into a lovely bow using the bow-maker on my Ultimate Crafter's Companion. The gems at the bottom came from the bumper bag I bought whilst on holiday in France.

The sentiment comes from a package called "Simply Put" which is sold by the wonderfully talented Paulette at Create with TLC. The image of a bride and groom came from Papercraft Inspirations and was coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pens from Crafter's Companion. The bride's bouquet had been intentionally left blank for crafters to embellish as they pleased. I chose to add pink sequins to the bouquet, and also small pink flower sequins to some of the larger flowers on her dress and those tumbling around the happy couple. These also give the card some depth as well.
All my pieces of white card were treated to a glittery coating of Iridescent Spray and Shine (Crafter's Companion) before they were fixed to my card base.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
* Challenge #82 BINGO at Craft your Passion - a diagonal of Flowers (sequin embellishments), Free Square (ribbon and/or glitter) and Bling (gems)
* Anything Goes (plus a bit of bling if you want) at Papertake Weekly

I would like to apologise firstly for the poor quality of the photos but they were taken in holiday accomodation which didn't have the best light and also for not adding links into this post - I've been tweaking with my blog layout and have obviously done something rather silly!

Hope you like this card.

PS: Monday evening - I've now sat at my computer and have sorted out my "link" issues! Tee hee, of course it was 'user error'! :D  Got it sussed now, and have reinstated my prettier blog layout.

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation. Love the colour of the base card and all the sparkly details you've added.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful wedding card love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and classy. And the colours are gorgeous. Hugs, Heike x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments ladies. They are very much appreciated. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so romantic! And the shimmer on the card comes out really well!

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x