Sunday 2 September 2012

Pink and Pampered!

Hello Friends!

It's Sunday morning, so that means it's time for a new challenge at The Crafty Pad. Today, the lovely Diane has set the task, and she would like to see "Anything but Square" this week. So this is your chance to get busy with a shaped card!


We have two lovely Sponsors for you this week.


The first are Digital Downloads where the lovely Lorraine is giving one lucky winner £10 GBP to spend in her shop!




Our second sponsor is the lovely team at Letraset who are giving our second lucky winner a pack of Vibrant Tones Promarkers!

Thank you to both our sponsors for such great prizes!




Debbie from Crafty Pad Designs has very generously let us all loose in her store again ... she really is so kind, especially as there are many wonderful images there! However, I could only fit one onto my card, and here is that card:



This card layout is one I've used before (it's an old sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches) but I still think it's a great sketch, and it suits my style of card making!

My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White onto which I embossed the largest rosette shape from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats. I folded the card to make a hinge on the side, and 2 "feet" at the bottom and then cut round the embossed shape.
  • Design Papers - from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called "Awareness". One paper is called Dark Pink Dots Paper and the other is called Brocade Paper. I used the largest circle from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats to emboss circles on the DPs, and then cut them to shape.
  • Image - the gorgeous Penny Pamper is just one of the many wonderful images by Debbie at Crafty Pad Designs. I cropped the image at the top to remove the "Pamper" word art and then brought Penny's bathroom to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Penny: Skin - PP1
    • Towel, Shower Cap & Bath Mat - PP5, IG2
    • Shower Curtain - PP3, PP4, PP5
    • Pole - BG4
    • Bath - EB1, Colourless Blender
    • Background - Chalks in Pink, Light Blue and Grey dotted around and then blended together using a cotton bud
    • Iridescent Embossing Powder - on the bubbles. If you click on the photos to 'super-size' them you can just make out the embossing!
  • Charm - Using my word processing package, I cropped and resized the main the image so that I was left with the word "Pamper" in a larger size. I then traced this (using my True Black Spectrum Noir Pen) onto Shrinkles plastic, coloured in the smaller circles using my PP4  Spectrum Noir Pen, cut it out & made a hole suitable for getting thread through and then "cooked" it according to the instructions! Once it had cooled, I was able to mount it onto my card so it dangles.
  • Thread - some silver thread from my lace-making stash, wrapped around the corners of my image and tied in a knot at the bottom right hand corner so that the charm is suspended from it.

Why don't you hop over to The Crafty Pad and see the lovely projects that my creative teammates have made. Make sure you come back and link up your creations that are Anything But Square! You've got until 8pm (BST) on Saturday 8th September 2012 to link your cards up.





I would like to enter this card into the following challenges, with a little bit of help from the girls at Feline Playful


Hope you have a great week!

Hugs, Helen x

7 comments:

  1. Great card Helen, I love your design and clean look, I think I might pamper myself today.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen - brilliant job and such detail too in your write up! Wow - I could never remember stuff like that! Great image - beautifully colored and set out! Big Hugs Rachelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - I love the shape of your card and the image is lovely.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again Helen - I'm beginning to feel like a stalker lol. This is another lovely card and you are right the sketch is fab and one I may copy. Brilliant image.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT again this week for our shape card challenge.
    Please pop over and join us again next time.
    Hugs
    Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen your card is terrific and so is the image you choose! Your colouring is wonderful!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen what a lovely card, love the shape and layout. Just what we all need, a bit of pampering. Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x