Today is a very special day over at The Crafty Pad as our lovely boss is letting Dawn set a special month long challenge. Why?
Around eighteen months ago, Dawn's Mum found a lump and shortly afterwards was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She has had surgery for this, and now is in the middle of a course of Chemotherapy. As a result of this treatment, Dawn's Mum has lost her hair and our wonderful Dawn has decided on a charity fund raiser for Breakthrough Breast Cancer as chosen by her Mum. On Saturday 8th September, Dawn will be having her head shaved and you can read more about her venture on her Just Giving Page. I know crafters are a friendly bunch and will try to help a fellow crafter out, so I hope that if you do pop over there, you can give a small donation to help Dawn. Even a donation of a £1 or $1 will help Dawn not just reach her target of £1000 but smash it!!!!!!!!!!
So, back to our Crafty Pad Special Challenge ... as requested by Dawn, our theme is
Breast Cancer Awareness and /or Think PINK
not just a little pink but lots of PINK!
Debbie, Crafty Pad Designs, has created a special set of images which you might like to use. These are on the challenge blog. You are very welcome to use these images but please, we do ask that you do not share these images with anyone ... instead, please send your friends over to The Crafty Pad to get them. And if you do use any of these gorgeous designs, please include a link back to The Crafty Pad. Thank you!
Dawn has contacted some of the fantastic regular Sponsors of The Crafty Pad Challenges and they have very kindly donated some whopping prizes for you all to play for!
£12 to spend on downloads from the shop
A whopping £25 Voucher
An amazing £30 gift certificate!
A £ 10 Voucher for their shop!
3 individual images (No Sets)
Phew! With that many prizes on offer, you've just got to join in!
So here is my card for this special challenge, featuring Debbie's images:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Fuchsia onto which I traced a circle, using one of my cereal bowls! Having cut this shape out, I then cut, scored and folded the card to make a Circular Side Stepper Card. This is only the third one of this style that I've made (I made 2 out of thin card to see if I could follow the instructions and I'll be blogging the third card later this week) but this tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers makes it very easy!
- Design Paper - is called Pink Ribbon Paper from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called "Awareness".
- Image - this gorgeous Bra is one of the special images that Debbie has designed especially for this challenge. Go over The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog to see this and the other wonderful designs Debbie has created for this challenge. I have paper-pieced this image onto another of Summer's gorgeous papers from the "Awareness" kit - this time the paper is called Stripes Paper. I have layered the bra onto an embossed small rosette from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats made from my Fuchsia Centura Pearl Card.
- Sentiment - is another of the special images that Debbie has designed especially for this challenge.
- Posh Pins - are some beads which I've glued onto header pins. The three larger beads came from Hobbycraft whilst the small beads came from a mixed bag I bought from Sanctuary Beads.
- Ribbon - this is some pale pink organdie ribbon from my stash. I've looped this round in the shape of the Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon, and then threaded my "Posh Pins" through the ribbon to fix it.
Please hop over to The Crafty Pad and see what gorgeous creations my very clever and talented DT colleagues have made showcasing Debbie's wonderful images, and don't forget to come back and show us your Pink creations. And if you can help with a donation, however small, it will be very gratefully received.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges, with a little bit of help from the girls at Feline Playful:
- Challenge 20 - Ribbon for a Cause at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards ... lots of pink and a pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Challenge 148 - 3-2-1 at Crafty Catz (3 embellishments - Ribbon, Pins, Sentiment Ticket; 2 papers - main DP and also paper pieced image; 1 image - Bra image)
- Challenge 170 - Shaped Card at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge (First Entry)
- Challenge #42 - Pink, Pink, Pink at Little Miss Muffet
- Simon Says - Anything Goes! at Simon Says
- PSC47 - Anything Goes with a Sentiment at The Perfect Sentiment
- Pins and/or Charms at Craft-room Challenge
- Challenge #9 - Pretty in Pink at Papelitos Stamps
- Challenge #18 - Anything Goes at LEJ Designs
Hugs, Helen x