Monday 3 September 2012

Summer is over .... returning to school!

This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my later post!

Good morning my crafty friends!

Firstly ... I've got some very exciting news to share with you. Over the summer, Chris at Incy Wincy Designs invited me to join their Design Team. I had such a blast with the girls there when I was their GDT in April, that of course I said yes. So this is my very first proper post with them!!!

Our challenge for you this week is Back to School, which is quite appropriate for me as today is my first day back at work (I work at my local High School) after the summer holidays.

Our lovely sponsor for this challenge are the team at Digital Delights and they are offering this week's lucky winner a $5 USD Gift Voucher - thank you to them!









The DT have been given a couple of images to work with, and this is what I've made to share with you today:




My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - tubes of varying height made from an empty kitchen paper towel roll
  • Design Papers - are called Brown and Red Dots Paper, Red Floral Paper and Stripes Paper, all from the kit "Apples and Almonds" by Summer at Summertime Designs. I cut these to size, with a 2cm border top and bottom which I scored and then wrapped the paper around each tube, tucking the scored portion into the top and bottom of the tubes to get a neat finish. I used double sided sticky tape to fix the edge of the paper to itself. I also used double sided sticky tape to fix my tubes together.
  • Image - This little cutie is called Bookyworm and you can get your copy from Digital Delights by clicking here. I have brought him to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Worm - EB1, EB2, TN2, Colourless Blender
    • Book - CR10, CR11, Colourless Blender
    • Outline - IG1
  •  Ribbon - uses Ribbon 2 from the "Apples and Almonds" kit (Summertime Designs). Using my word processing programme, I cropped the ribbon to remove the lacy edge before layering a text box over the top of the ribbon into which I typed "Pens". I centralised this onto the ribbon before printing it, cutting it out and wrapping it around the top pot.
Head on over to Incy Wincy Designs and see what Back to School creations my creative team-mates have made, and then come back and share your creation with us! You've got until Sunday 9th September 2012 to link your cards up.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges, with a little bit of help from the girls at Feline Playful:
Whatever you're doing this week, have fun!

Hugs, Helen x

16 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Helen to use up old toilet roll holders! Hope work goes ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous creation and a brilliant idea too, congrats on your new DT post too.

    Hope today goes ok for you, It's Jodie's first day back today, she is a Teacher at her local primary school, where have those 6 weeks gone.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, what a clever crafty person you are! This is a wonderful idea.
    Congratulations on your DT spot at Incy Wincy, I know you'll do brilliantly.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!what a clever idea to use toilet paper roll holders.Congratulations on your DT post at Incy Wincy.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's such a fun project

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation you ahve made.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous Helen - love it - such a clever idea! Big Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab project, I love that cute bookworm. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Thanks for joining our Back to School Challenge at DIgistamps 4 Joy!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    DS4J DT LEAD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, i think my daughter and i will have to make one of these!! how fun!! Great project!! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful - perfect for Back To School. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute project! Your little book worm is perfect for back to school. :) Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helen - that book worm is too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous project! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio!

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x