Monday 15 October 2012

It's a Gem of a Sketch

This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post


Good morning my crafty friends! 
Firstly, I'd like to welcome my new followers JustYolie, Crafty Rose and Heather (Hev) ... I do hope you enjoy this crafty journey that we're all on ladies! 
Secondly I must apologise for the delay in this post going out. We are in the middle of redecorating, and I am down to sharing the computer with the rest of the family in the dining room ... which makes life difficult as I can't slope off to another room to do my blogging!!!!
 It's new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs, and this time we've got a Sketch Challenge for you, which has been drawn by our own team-mate Sheryl ... and it's a totally awesome sketch, and one that I can see will be getting plenty of use.


For this challenge, we're welcoming Pink Gem Designs as our sponsor - they are offering this week's lucky winner 3 Digital Images from the store! The lovely Janet has also very kindly supplied the DT with images to use this week so, without further ado, here is my card for you using Sheryl's sketch which I have rotated 90 degrees clockwise:




My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White onto which I embossed the largest rosette shape from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats. I folded the card to make a hinge at the top, and 2 "feet" at the bottom and then cut round the embossed shape.
  • Design Paper - is one of the lovely snowflake papers from The Snowman Papercrafting Collection CD-Rom. I embossed the largest circle from the nest on my Ultimate Pro Board, cut this out and then fixed it to my base card.
  • Image - This gorgeous little fairy is called  Faye With Snowflake and she is just one of the gorgeous digis drawn by Janet from Pink Gem Designs. I set Fairy Faye onto the smallest rosette from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats, embossed the shape and then cut it out, before mounting it at the lower edge of my DP. To bring this little sweetie to life, I used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Skin - FS2, FS3
    • Hair - GB8, GB10
    • Coat, Mitts & Boots - TB1, TB3, TB4
    • Wings - Silver Gel Pen
    • Fir Branches - CG1, CG2
    • Outline - GG1
  • Sentiment - is by Paulette from Create with TLC, and was one of the goodies in her Christmas Club last November. This year's Christmas Club is due to start on 3rd November and this is a great way to bulk up your Christmas stash without it costing the earth - you won't be disappointed!
  • Ribbon - is 3mm Galena Opal wired ribbon from my stash, and was part of a Fantastic Ribbons blog candy I won last autumn from the lovely Annette - just perfect for this project of 'cool' colours!
  • Snowflakes - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White using 2 different sizes of snowflake punch


My Incy Wincy team-mates and Saumya (this month's Guest Designer) have got plenty of further inspiration for you, so do pop over and check out their creations for this Sketch Challenge. Don't forget to come back and share your creations with us - you've got until Sunday 21st October 2012 to link your cards up.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:


Have a great and crafty week!

Hugs, Helen x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Helen love your creation it beautiful, love the colours and wonderful detail.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Helen - really beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Christmas card and it fits our challenge beautifully. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, lovely colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen your card is beautiful, love the blue and white together. The image is delightful and love how you coloured her hair!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card , fab image and i love the icy blues and white. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT and good luck. hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour scheme on this you have captured a winters day perfectly. Thank you for joining us in our Christmas Sentiment Challenge at Ooh La La Creations

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, your card is darling! I love the shape; I have to do more of this myself. Fabulous job with the challenge. I love snowflakes and winter/christmas cards done in blues. Awesome job on the image and I love the edge on your ribbon. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck in the challenge!
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a brilliant idea for a Christmas card, I love the shape and how you have placed the circle. A sweet image that has been beautifully coloured. Thank you for joking us at OSAAT this week. Jennie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous Helen. I love the sketch too. I really love shaped cards and this one is just adorable. This one's a keeper!!! LOL

    Annette - Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x