Phew .... has anyone else got or had the latest cold bug, the one with the fevers for several days and a lasting, hacking cough? I'm sorry to say that the house of "Mia" needs a sign put on the door as we've all got it in some form or another. I have been so unwell that my crafty efforts over the last week have just gone straight into the bin once photographed .... I haven't been happy with my creations at all!
Anyway, a day later than it should be, here are the details of this fortnight's challenge over at Lexi's Creations where Susan is asking us to use our Dies or Punches. Now this sort of challenge always throws me a problem, as I still don't own a die cutting machine, and I only have a couple of punches (mainly snowflakes!).
Our sponsor for this challenge are the fabby team over at Joanna Sheen who are offering this week's lucky winner a £10 voucher to their online store - thank you! The lovely Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts has, as usual, let the DT loose in her on-line store too so we can raid the digis (!) and here is my card for you:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory, onto which I've embossed the largest rosette shape from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats. Having cut this die-like shape out, I then scored and folded the card to make a Rocker Card.
- Image - is by Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts and is called DIY Butterfly. I printed out 2 butterflies in slightly different sizes (and I flipped one for good measure too!) onto plain white card and then printed the butterflies out again onto digital paper swatches in lavender and vanilla - these were scans I took from a paper collection called Emma's Garden which was a magazine freebie last month. I carefully cut out the wing shapes and paper pieced them onto the white card, before adding a bit of bling to the bodies. Having teased the wings upwards, I fixed each butterfly to my cardstock using wet glue to the underside of the bodies to give some dimension to the card.
- Sentiment - is by Debbie at The Crafty Pad
Do come on over to Lexi's Creations and see how my talented teamies and our Guest Designer Edith have used their Dies and Punches. Don't forget to come back and share your creations with us! You've got until Saturday 13th April 2013 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #175 - Lavender, Buttercream and Vanilla at The Play Date Cafe
- Recipe Challenge - Anything You Choose (Paper Piecing), Bling and Cardstock at Catch the Bug
- Challenge #148 - Shaped Cards at Sentimental Sundays
- Monthly Challenge No.16 - Paper Piecing at Forever Friends
- Challenge 47 - Your Favourite Style at LEJ Designs - very simple, less is more is my style!
- Challenge #230 - Shaped Card at Everybody Art Challenge
Have a great week, and if you have 'the lurgy' I hope you feel better soon!
Hugs, Helen x