Monday 4 November 2013

Away with the fishes ... ?

Good morning friends - hope you are well and stayed safe in last Monday's stormy weather.

The Half Term holidays have come (... and gone!), and I'm back to school today. Scary to think that the next time I'll get some time off is the Christmas Holidays. Eeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eldest came home from New York safely on Friday - she had an amazing time but was absolutely pooped and slept for 14 hours that night! They only had a delay of an hour flying out which wasn't due to the weather at all, but a medical emergency who had be evacuated from the flight and "de-bagged". I think she's smitten with NYC, and would love to return.


It being a Monday morning, it's time for a new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs, and this week our challenge is for you to use Ribbon, Twine or Fibres. Our sponsors this week are Lindsay and her lovely team from Sassy Studio Designs who are giving this week's lucky winner 4 Digital Images!



Lindsay has also kindly given us some images to "play with" this week (thank you!), and here is my card for you:



Hmmmmm ... this looks like another photo "di-sas-ter". Will get a better shot during daylight hours and post it!

My card recipe is follows:



  • Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
  • Design Papers - are from a kit called She Sells Sea Shells by Summer at Summertime Designs
  • Image - this very surprised youngster is called Little Honeys - The Little Mermaid and she comes from the pen of Lindsay at Sassy Studio Designs. My Little Mermaid was brought to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before being fussy cut:
    • Hair - GB7,GB8,GB10, CR4, CR5, CR6 (I'm still not sure that I've got the 'light shine' in hair right, but I'll keep trying!)
    • Skin - FS2, FS3, CR5, BT4
    • Shell Bikini - CR5, CR6
    • Fin - BT4, BT5, BT6
    • Outline - BT1
  • Shell - is an embellishment from the She Sells Sea Shells kit, which I fussy cut and then slicked on some Glossy Accents to make it stand out!
  • Ribbon - white organdie with a Satin Trim from my stash

I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and look at the other gorgeous creations by my team mates and this month's Guest Designer Sandy together with our Special Guest Designer Annette. Then don't forget to come back and show us your creations featuring Ribbon, Twine or Fibres!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:

  • Challenge 14 - Case your Favourite Designer at As You Like It Challenges OK, this probably is not so much casing but more like stalking!!!! This designer's blog was one of the first I followed when I ventured into 'Blogland' and I am always totally blown away by her absolutely wonderful creations. I can only aspire to be able to create "gorgeousness" as well as she does, but now she has started making more C&S creations, I can at least attempt to be as creative as her! The designer I'm casing is ..... Annette 

Have a good week.
Hugs, Helen x

7 comments:

  1. I loved NYC too and want to go back. Fab card, lovely image

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card Helen and so glad to hear that your daughter got back okay. Time really does have a habit of running away with us! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Helen love the papers you have used
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Helen and thanks for letting me play along with the team this week. I loved the theme, right up my street! LOL
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I've just seen that you've entered the AYLI challenge and cased ME!!!!!!! I don't think I read your 'challenge entries section ' yesterday when I left my comment. OMG, I'm sooooo proud and humbled. THANK YOU. You've made my day/week/month hun, and I similarly love your creations. Thank you so much. FAB card, and don't undersell yourself. Your cards are always lovely and I love to visit you too.
      Super special hugs.
      Annette
      xx

      Delete
    2. My absolute pleasure hun - I know you know that I LOVE your cards .... now 'blogland' knows it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tee hee :o)
      Thanks for all your lovely kind comments too ... mwah!
      Helen xxxxxx

      Delete
  5. Tehehheheee just reading Annettes comments hehe so fun to see her reaction! and LOVE your card Helen! you CASED Annette and shes brilliant! thanks for playing at AYLI hugs me x

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x