Monday 14 April 2014

Perfect Sentiments

Hello again friends!

I'm back, this time with the new challenge from Lexi's Creations. For this fortnight we'd like the words to take centre stage on your projects as our theme is Focus on the Sentiment.

Our sponsor this fortnight is Priyanka from My Heart Pieces and our lucky winner for this challenge will get to choose some of Priyanka's sweet digis!



The lovely Lexi has opened the 'doors' to Fairy Dust Crafts and allowed us in (thanks Lexi!), and here is my card for you featuring one of Lexi's gorgeous sentiments:


My card recipe is as follows:

  • Card base - is a pre-made A5 card in Kraft which I have used in a landscape format
  • Design Papers - are both downloads from Pixel Scrapper. The bottom paper is by Merisa Lerin and is called Blue 2 from her kit called Country Wedding Glitter Papers. The top paper is called Teal Giraffe Paper and it comes from a kit called Tiny but Mighty by Janet Scott. I hand cut both papers to make these "fishtail" banner shapes. 
  • Sentiment - is by Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts and it's called Slugs 'n' Snails sentiment. I had in mind that this would make an unusual new baby card, but I have seen some fun boy-ish images out there in blogland that this would be equally appropriate for! In case you were wondering, yes there is a "girly" version and you can see one of my projects featuring it here! I die cut the sentiment using my second largest Framelits Fancy Labels die before mounting it on my card using foam pads.

I hope you'll come over to Lexi's Creations and check out how my talented team-mates Focus on the Sentiment. Don't forget to come back and show us your creations! This challenge will end on Saturday 26th April 2014.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:

  • Monday Challenge #133 - Tags and Banners (Use both or just one) at My Craft Spot

That's it from me today - have a great week!

Hugs, Helen x



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and design Helen, love the sentiment.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen what a fun card I love that paper too and always love this sentiment! Thank you for your kind comments they were much appreciated, hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with our "Tags & Banners" Challenge this week at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! The sentiment is amazing and those banners are fantastic! What precious paper! :o) Thank you for sharing your sweet creation with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, a great focus sentiment,and a super banner!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is so awesome!

    hugs and kisses from germany, silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! LOVE your banners! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card! The banners look great and the sentiment is so fun! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot! :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x