Wednesday 30 September 2015

Hmmmmm .... Angel or Devil???????

Hello friends - hope this post finds you well.

It's another glorious day here on the south coast of the UK and in between sorting loads of washing, I'm firstly catching up and then (hopefully) getting ahead with some of my DT makes. I keep saying that this term has to get better, but at the moment it's just not happening! And then to cap it all, Papa Mia's car picked up a puncture on Monday which resulted in not just one, but three new tyres ... needed as it then had it's annual service and MOT yesterday! Definitely will be bread and jam for dinner until the end of October!!!!!!!!!! And no purchasing of crafty supplies either as the two bills were eye-wateringly expensive ;o)


Anyway (belatedly, yet again!) it's new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs and this week we're looking for your projects which feature Pin Up Girls!



This week's sponsor is Cheri Lyn Shull, who is the designer behind Karleigh Sue Digis and she is very kindly offering this week's lucky prize winner 4 digital images! 

She has also kindly supplied the DT with a couple of images to showcase, and here is my card for you this week (if you're easily offended by scantily clad images, look away now!):





My card recipe is as follows:


  • Card Base - is a 8¼" x 5½" piece of Kraft Cardstock which I have die cut, scored and folded using this tutorial at SplitCoast Stampers to make a Die Cut Swing Card
  • Paper - is one of the Co-ordinating Papers from the Nordic Christmas Papercrafting CD-Rom which I lightened by 10% in my word processing programme before printing, otherwise my printer seems to make everything quite dark! I then cut the paper to size (following the tutorial) so it fits the card base.

  • Image - is by Cheri Lyn Shull at Karleigh Sue Digis and she is called Naughty or Nice. I must confess that I have struggled a bit with this card as this style of image is not one I'd usually work with, but I have brought her to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before die cutting her using the middle sized Sizzix Framelits Fancy Labels die.
    • Hair - TN1, TN2, TN3
    • Skin - FS2, FS3
    • Knickers - GT1
    • Angel Side - BGR1, BGR3
    • Devil Side - DR1, DR2, DR3, DR4, DR5, DR6
    • Outline - BT1
  • Sentiment - is an old one (from November 2011) by Paulette at Create with TLC and I think this one was a blog freebie. This was die cut using the second smallest Sizzix Framelits Fancy Labels die and distressed using Festive Berries Distress Ink. I mounted this onto a piece of DP which was cut using the next size up die, before fixing this to the card base.
  • Snowflakes - have been made from Centura Pearl Snow White Silver card stock. The large snowflake is the centre of the Die'sire Classiques Christmas Collection Die "Christmas Bauble". This particular die was a magazine freebie, but I see that Crafter's Companion have a very similar Snowflake Bauble die in the same range. I cut the outside of the bauble off, to reveal a "snowflake", before fixing it to my card and adding a gem from my stash. The three smaller snowflakes were made using my older version of this snowflake punch.

I hope I've inspired you to join in our Pin Up Girls challenge, but if you're in need of further inspiration why not head over to Incy Wincy Designs and check out the wonderful "makes" by my talented teamies. This challenge ends on Sunday 4th October 2015.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


I'm just heading out to my Body Balance class, then to pick eldest Bambino up from college as Wednesdays are her half days and I'll hopefully get some more crafting in this afternoon!

Whatever you're up to today, have fun!

Hugs, Helen x

9 comments:

  1. Spunds like you are very bucy. Cute image, great fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Helen, such fun, and so cute!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant make helen - fab and unusual image - hope the body balance went well! Not done that for a while!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thank you for joining our challenge this time at Karleigh Sue
    x~KateE~x
    Karleigh Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Helen love the image, your car bills sounds a bit like ours!.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Helen, and a fab fold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card!! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, great fun card! A lovely entry to share with us this week at OohLaLa, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card, thanks for sharing with A Snowflakes Promise!

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x