Hello my crafty friends ... hope this post finds you all well.
This is another "for me" project. Regular readers may recall that last week I 'fessed up and said that I've started on the Skin class at Kit and Clowder. Well, I've also joined their Facebook group too, and this image is one that Linda (a member of the group) commissioned from the artist Yampuff (who also does some of the class images) and then posted up on the group pages as a challenge for anyone who wishes to take part. Well you know me .... I'm usually up for a challenge!
This image is of Alyce Keegan (the founder and lovely leader of Kit and Clowder) and her persian cat Lila Bear, and here's the card that I created with the image:
I've kept this card really clean and simple and my card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is a piece of kraft cardstock which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 13.5 x 10.5cm card
- Image - is called Alyce and Lila Bear and it's available from the Kit and Clowder Facebook Group (for a limited time) or from Yampuff's site here. I have brought Alyce and her grumpy looking cat to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before tool distressing the edge of my white Neenah card:
- Skin - FS2, FS4, FS9, FS3, TN4, FS8, CR6
- Hair - TN2, EB2, EB6
- Eyes - TB1, TB3, TB9
- Dress - CT1, CT2, CT3, CT4, BP2, BP4, BP7, GB8, GB11, GB10
- Shoes - GB8, GB11, GB10
- Lila Bear - EB1, EB2, Blender
- Grounding - IG1, IG2, IG3
- Sentiment - is a freebie which came with Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Issue 7 and I have stamped this directly onto the Neenah card using black Memento Ink
If you'd like to play along with this challenge you'll have to be quick as it closes at 2359hrs EST tonight, Monday 25th January. Head over to the Kit and Clowder Facebook Group for the full details!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Alyce and Lila Challenge at Kit and Clowder Facebook Group
- Challenge #157 - Colours (Rose Red, Saffron, Soft Suede) at CAS Colours and Sketches
- Challenge #232 - Rough It Up at The Paper Shelter
That's it from me for this evening - I hear the washing up and lunch boxes a-calling! Whatever you're doing this evening, I hope you have fun! Take care!