Howdy my crafting buddies! Long time no speak! Hope you are all well and a warm welcome to Adaline, who is my newest follower - hope you enjoy my creations!
Well, despite my hopes on my last post with my new job-share joining the team at school, things didn't quite work out as planned and the lady left after just 2 weeks 😞 Since then however, things have moved on apace and another lady has been appointed, so I now have a "new new" job-share and she started yesterday. Early days yet, but I'm hopeful that this one will stay as she seems to have picked up our ways very quickly whilst I've been training her. Please keep your fingers crossed because I badly need my crafty-time back. 😉
It's new challenge time over at Feeling Sketchy and our prize for you this time is a $10 Gift Certificate to any online store of your choice!
Here's the sketch we're playing with this time, as designed by Michelle:
and here's my card using this sketch as the base for my layout:
I've gone for a monochrome, masculine look for this card limiting my colour palette to black and silver - Valentine's card for Papa Mia sorted 😉!!!!!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is Centura Pearl Snow White Silver card which I have cut, scored and folded to make a DL sized card base
- Inset card - is a piece of matt black card from my stash which I cut to 20cm x 7.8cm
- Hearts - are from a Leonie Pujol stamp set which is free with Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Issue 13. I've stamped these entwined hearts using my VersaColour Silver Ink Pad, using a stamping mask on the left hand side of the card to make the hearts look layered.
- Banners - are cut from scraps of black and Centura Pearl Snow White Silver using my layered banner die which was in my Crafter's Companion Advent Calendar 2016. I ran the banners through my Big Shot using my Darice Script Background embossing folder before swiping a little silver ink over the black ones to make them stand out a little more.
- Sentiment - is from the Swirly String Sentiments Stamp Set (only available now as a Digital Stamp Set) by Lili of the Valley which I stamped using VersaColour Silver Ink.
I hope that I have inspired you to come along and join in at Feeling Sketchy this time. However, if you're in need of any further inspiration, please do head over to the blog and check out the other wonderful creations by my clever teamies. Then come back and share your creations with us. We'll be back with our next challenge on 15th February 2017.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #172 - Masculine Projects with a sentiment at Aud Sentiments
- Challenge #181 - Love, Love, Love at Crafty Cardmakers
- Challenge #148 - All about Love at Dream Valley Challenges
- Challenge #186 - Hearts and/or Flowers at A Gem of a Challenge
- Challenge #73 - Valentines Card at Crafting with Dragonflies
- All About Love Challenge at Di's Digi Designs Challenge
- Challenge #328 - Love Notes at Tuesday Throwdown
Hope you have a great day!
Hugs, Helen x