Good morning crafty friends! Can you believe it's the 1st March already? Nor me!!!!!!!!!! I'll be heading off to the gym a little later for my Yoga Class, then we have a Parent's Evening at School with youngest later on.
It being the first of the month, it's new challenge time at Feeling Sketchy. We've got a great sponsor lined up for this time and it's Pattie Gomez from Pattie's Creations.
Not only are there plenty of images at Pattie's Creations to suit all tastes, but Pattie also runs a monthly Blog Challenge where you must use an image, and she is even generous enough to sometimes provide a freebie to help you play along!
Here is the sketch we're working with this time as designed by Michelle:
and here's my "take" on it:
I've gone quite topical with this card as yesterday was Shrove Tuesday here in the UK, but in New Orleans it was Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday), so I've used this beautiful carnival themed image from Pattie's Creations to create this card. I envisaged the sweep of the ribbon and feathers on the marsk as being the wavy strip of butterflies on our sketch, which is why I've added 2 further butterflies here. The protruding elements on the flourish dies are in place of the 3 blocks on the sketch.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is black card which I've cut scored and folded to make a 13.2 x 10.5 cm card base ... I know these are very random measurements, but this was the length of the die I've used!
- Die cuts - are both from my Crafter's Companion 2016 Advent Calendar and I've cut both of them from this lovely Regal Blue Centura Pearl cardstock, available in the Darks Pack. I've added 3 gems from my stash to the ends of the flourishes and also the middle "trefoil".
- Image - is the wonderful Mardi Gras Mask which comes from the pen of Pattie at Pattie's Creations Etsy Store. I brought this pretty image to life using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers in the listed colours, before fussy cutting the image out and adding it to my card
- Peacock Feathers - AB1, AB2, TB9, BT7, MB3, CG3, Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Overlay to add some iridescence to the feathers
- Mask - AB1, AB2, AB3, TB8, TB9
- Ribbons - CG1, CG3, CG4
- Outline - BT1
I hope that I've inspired you to come over to Feeling Sketchy and join in with this sketch; don't forget that you can flip or turn our sketch ... we just need to see our sketch in your work, and if it's not clear then just leave us a note to explain! If you're in need of any further inspiration, please head over to the blog and check out the other wonderful creations by my very talented teamies. We'll be back with our new sketch on 15th March 2017.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge 154 - Nature Inspired at Southern Girls
- Die Cuts and/or Punches at Di's Digi Designs Challenge
- Challenge #40 - Birds at Make My Monday Challenge
- Challenge 296 - Die Cuts at Stamps & Fun = Creativity
- Destination/Travel Related at The Sisterhood of Crafters - my inspiration comes from the mask which might be worn as part of the Mardi Gras Celebrations in New Orleans!
- W2CB #38 - Celebrations at Words to Craft By - Second Entry, this one has been inspired by your Mardi Gras inspiration projects!
- Challenge #251 - Anything Goes at Addicted to Stamps and More
- Challenge #19 - Anything Goes at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - Third Entry
- HIMCR #290 - Any Holiday at Hiding in my Craft Room - hoping that Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday counts as a holiday!
Whatever you're doing today, have a great day!
Hugs, Helen x