Monday 15 May 2017

Birthday Elegance

Good morning crafty friends and hope this post finds you well.

Our Blue Tit parents are very busy going to and fro the wooded area near us, and when they need a quick fix they hop down to our seed feeders. Their babies can be heard chirping once the parents have flown out of the box and the parents are slightly less timid now when we're in the garden.


It's new challenge time over at Feeling Sketchy and our lovely sponsor for this challenge is Digi Stamps by Lizzy Love who is offering a prize to our lucky winner.




This is the sketch we're playing with this time:


and as soon as I saw the sketch I was inspired to make this Triangle Trifold card:



This card has already gone to my Mother-in-Law who celebrated her Birthday yesterday - I think she liked it 😊!

My card recipe is as follows:

  • Card Base - a piece of 28.5cm x 9.5cm Snow White Silver Centura Pearl card which I scored and folded using this tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers. I made sure that the pearlescent side of my card was on the front and then die cut the 2 corners opposite the folds using my Die'sire Classiques Lace Corner dies
  • Design Paper - is a piece of Navy Blue Pearlescent Paper which I cut to make 2 triangles to go behind my die cut corners to make them stand out
  • Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and this was a blog freebie, probably in January 2014. I took the sentiment into my word processing package and recoloured it blue to tone in with my DP before cutting it out using my second smallest Die'sire Essentials Ovals die. I then matted this onto another piece of the navy blue paper which had been die cut using my second smallest Die'sire Essentials Scalloped Ovals die and fixed to one flap of the card with foam pads
  • Ribbon - is white organdie ribbon from my stash 
  • Inside of card - is a piece of white cardstock which has been matted and layered onto another piece of the navy blue paper


I hope that I have inspired you to come over to Feeling Sketchy and join in with this sketch, however if you're in need of any further inspiration please check out the other wonderful creations by my clever teamies. Then come back and show us your take on our sketch - don't forget you can flip it, change the shapes etc. ... we just need to see that you've been inspired by our sketch! We'll be back with our new challenge on 1st June 2017.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Whatever you're up to today, have fun ... I'll be back a little later with another post!

Hugs, Helen x




8 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with me at Monochrome Magic this month. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card! I love the shape and colours. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://ginascards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card. Love it. Thanks for sharing it with us for the PDE Link Party #172 Card challenge.
    TTFN
    Debby ~ PDE Link Party Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty and elegant card. Thanks so much for joining us at Di's digi stamps.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!.. Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge:)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, very stylish. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Birthday card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Birthdays" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x